2003 – when Andrew „Lemon“ Andersen held a Tony Award in his hands for his work in Russell Simmons’ „Def Poetry Jam“, it was close to a miracle. This urban poet/performer was a man who’d achieved more than anyone could have ever imagined. But when the show closed, he lost everything. His home. His savings. His confidence. He moved his wife and two small daughters back to the housing projects to live under the same roof as thirteen other family members. Back to a way of living that he and generations of his family before were far too accustomed to – jobless, penniless and hopeless - until in desperation, he turned to the only thing he had left, his pen and his past. LEMON follows one man's journey to bring his life story to the NY stage while battling his darkest demons. The documentary personalizes the anguish of a generation of men clinging to the margins of society but fighting for something more.
- Direction: Laura Brownson, Beth Levison
- Cast: Lemon Andersen, Marilyn Andersen, Spike Lee
- Genre: DOC: Portrait
- Runtime: 81 Min
- Country, Year: USA, 2011
- Languages: English
- Subtitles: German
- Producer: Laura Brownson, Beth Levison, Stan Lathan, Russell Simmons, Dan Cogan
- Cinematography: Matthew Akers
- Editor: Tom Patterson
- Music: Theo Green
- Sound: Charles Davis, Michael Feuser
- Executive Producer: Dan Cogan, Russel Simmons
- Production Company: Dandelion Films, Inc.
- World Sales: Impact Partners